Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|First Appearance:||Green Lantern # 149|
|Created by:|| Marv Wolfman|
|Affiliations:|| Green Lantern Corps|
Green Lantern Corps Honor Guard
|Sector:||Space Sector 1418|
|Abilities:||Green Lantern Power Ring|
|Portrayed by:|| Peter Jessop (Voice)|
Tom Kenny (Voice)
Selected by Guardians of Oa to be Green Lantern of Space Sector 1418. A famous pessimist and loner, Salaak was a creature of protocol and laws. A veteran Green Lantern, he served in many Corps campaigns over the years. During the battle with the Anti-Monitor, he protected multiple sectors but found the experience depressing and went to Earth looking for company amongst his fellow Green Lanterns. He served with the contingent of Green Lanterns assigned to Earth and became good friends with Ch'p of H'lven. For a time Salakk lived in the future filling the identity of Pol Manning, as Hal Jordan had before him (and was married to a human woman), but returned to the present day to warn about the destruction of the Corps. However he was too late to stop the execution of Sinestro. With the destruction of the power battery on Oa, Salakk's ring was made inoperable. He requested transport to H'lven where he was reunited with Ch'p. Salakk served briefly as Ch'p's advisor and friend until the two journeyed to Oa to ask for reinstatement into the Corps. After the reformation of the Corps, Salakk lived on Oa but was captured by slavers when Parallax destroyed the Guardians of the Universe. He was freed by Guy Gardner and was on Earth for the memorial service to Jordan. With the second reformation of the Corps, Salakk was selected as senior administrator and the Keeper of the Book of Oa. Due to this he was also selected as the Clarissi which means he is second in command after the Guardians of Oa.
Powers and Abilities
- Salaak has extreme willpower which led to his introduction into the Green Lantern Corps.
- Salaak was killed off in a Green Lantern crossover with the Dark Horse Comic Aliens. However, as inter-company crossovers are not considered canonical, this was ignored.
- Salaak's head was redesigned in 2005 so that his eyes were at the front of his head instead of in the center. Ch'p had given Salaak the name picklehead as a playful jab at its shape. (He has since been restored to his original design.)
- Salaak is pessimistic and always sees the downside of a mission.
- Salakk is meticulous to a fault, currently his charge requires him to be aware of what every Green Lantern is doing.
- Many Green Lanterns don't enjoy being within Salakk's direct sight, they assume he will sell them to the Guardians if there is even a hint of disobedience.
- His Ring creations are precise with nothing wasted on over-imagining them
- Salaak's name is often misspelled "Salakk" even in the published comics.
In Other Media
- He has had a small cameo role in the Justice League Unlimited.
- An animated version of Salaak appeared in the Duck Dodgers episode "The Green Loontern."