|Green Lantern #26|
|Series:||Green Lantern (Volume 4)|
|First Published:||February, 2008|
|Previous Issue:||Green Lantern #25|
|Next Issue:||Green Lantern #27|
Synopsis for "The Alpha-Lanterns: Part One"Edit
In the wake of the Sinestro Corps War, the Guardians of the Universe decide to take a new direction in support of the new laws of the Book of Oa. To this end, they establish the Alpha-Lanterns. Elsewhere on Oa, Hal Jordan visits Sinestro in his Sciencell. Sinestro tells Jordan that the reason he perpetuated the war was to manipulate the Guardians into enacting the law that enables the Green Lantern Corps to use lethal force. Hal points out the irony of Sinestro's objective by citing that he now sits on Death Row. John Stewart flies to the Xanshi meteor cluster. He reflects upon the toll that the war has wrought as well as his own history in this particular region of space. After expending a massive amount of willpower, John returns to Earth and helps with the restoration of Coast City. Meanwhile, members of the formerly "Lost" Lanterns hold funeral services for one of their fallen Ke'Haan. Laira in particular is taking his death especially hard. Salaak then sends the Lanterns on a mission of mercy to Space Sector 786. When they arrive, they find dozens of corpses littering the ground. Standing at the center of the carnage is Sinestro Corps member Amon Sur. Laira flies into a frenzy and murders Amon Sur with her power ring.
Appearing in "The Alpha-Lanterns: Part One"Edit
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern (John Stewart)
- Graf Toren
- Ke'Haan (Behind the Scenes)
- Guardians of the Universe
- Coast City
- Edwards Air Force Base
- Oan Citadel
- Xanshi Meteor Field
- Space Sector 0786
- This issue shipped on December 28th, 2007.
- Includes DC Nation editorial #93 by Jann Jones.
- Sinestro Corps War epilogue.
- Honnu's name is spelled Hannu in this issue.
- It is revealed that Tomar-Tu's father, the late Tomar-Re, was once the Keeper of the Book of Oa.
- There is an error in this issue where the Guardians are portrayed without the Green Lantern symbol on their tabards.
- Coming Soon